Thread: disposition fee
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Ronsell
Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonw View Post
OH NO!!! You put new tires on yourself? That's never the way to go. It will always cost you more. When you turn your car in, you can have BMW charge you (as they did for the scratches you had). Run flats are a steal at only $250/ea regardless of size. All regular tires are I think only $150/ea

I agree as well. If you are indeed one of those who wants a new car every few years, you be crazy to purchase (unless you have wads of cash that you don't car about loosing). But on the flip side as far as paperwork and financing details, if you are not good at it, don't understand it (or rather choose not to) or don't want to understand all the ins an outs of the multitude of fees, formulas and calculations, then purchasing is indeed the better way to. Leasing paperwork is pretty full on disclosure. There is just lots of see, connect and understand. All fees are disclosed. What is not, is the dealers actual profit. That's for them to know and for you to negotiate a deal that you are comfortable with, prior to signing.
Just a personal choice--like colors, etc. I buy most everything with cash. I don't like
debt. I was fortunate enough to retire at 60--prudent investments, savings, etc. Unfortunately, I think many of my generation (baby boomers) will be working until
they drop. My apologies for the drift from topic.

Last edited by Ronsell; 09-17-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: correction