Thread: disposition fee
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 10:38 AM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 535i M Sport; 328i Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafish View Post
Yeah, I find the dealer's nickel-and-diming tactics (is $1150 a nickel or dime?...dunno) in these lease deals annoying. I was told that the initiation fee was because I had not leased with BMW before. Maybe I could have avoided the disposition fee if I leased again. But you have to ask yourself, what is so profitable about this scheme that you are given these incentives for renewing your lease over and over? Is it the interest (cleverly renamed money factor - shades of Orwell!), or forced brand loyalty, or the constant supply of lightly-used cars for resale, or all of the above. I was also peeved that I had to put $2K worth of tires on this thing just before I turned it in.
Want some cheese with that whine?

Everyone pays the bank acquisition fee - it goes to BMWFS, not the dealer - regardless of how many BMW's you have leased in the past. The only thing that new customers have to pay is a security deposit, which makes perfect sense when you think of it. (Ever leased an apartment, a ski house or anything else without a security deposit? I doubt it). The security deposit protects BMW in case you turn your car in over-mileage or with excess wear-and-tear. Security deposits are waived for returning BMWFS customers.

The dispo fee was clearly stated in your lease agreement when you picked up the car. If you didn't read it, that's hardly the dealer's fault.

AFAIK the dispo fee is waived if you have a new BMW on order. (I know for a fact it is waived if you lease another BMW - not sure what the deal is if you pay cash). If you did, in fact, get a 2011, I would call BMWFS, give them the new car's VIN and request that your dispo fee be waived.

And like someone else said, you have only yourself to blame if you paid full retail for new tires. The cost of having the dealer replace then was clearly spelled out in the Lease Turn In Kit you should have received 60 days before your lease ended. It is ALWAYS cheaper to go this route - you not only save on tires, but you do not get dinged for shipping, mounting, balancing, and disposing of the old tires.

The Lease Turn In Kit also had a clear plastic wheel that would have allowed you to determine if the scratch in your bumper was chargable or not. If it was, it would have been a lot cheaper to buy a tube of touch up paint in the parts department instead of paying $100.

The sad fact of the matter is you really have no one but yourself to blame if you didn't do your homework.

Current BMW's:
2014 535i MSport Space / Black, ZCW, ZDA, ZLP, ZLS, ZPP, H-K and 704
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K

Prior BMW's
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic