View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 650i
Thanks for the replies. Yes, this has been one huge headache. I would have been okay with minor damage but at this point, it's almost a whole new front end that is still misaligned, which might indicate damage to the frame/unibody. The dealer has acted as if they are doing me a favor by having the repairs made and they keep reminding me that the car passed an independent and cpo inspection, as if to release them of any liability.

Fortunately, I had been reading these boards and followed the advice to contact BMWNA after I first noticed the damage. They told me there is not much they can do since the dealers are independently owned and operated, but that they would contact the dealer to try to come up with a resolution. They have spoken to the dealer and are following the case, they have said.

As for Chapman, they asked me if I wanted a replacement more than a month and a half ago, but I had not heard back from them until today; only after I sent them a letter informing them that I would contact the State Attorney General's office to report them for fraud and misrepresentation, unless they find a replacement or return my money within the next 7 days. They told me today, that they are prepping a 650 to offer, and will be contacting me when it is ready in about a week. I'm really not sure what to expect at this point but am hoping it's a fair trade.

I'll keep you guys posted as to the outcome...

Last edited by bmw650burn; 09-17-2010 at 10:00 PM.