View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 08:43 PM
Revelation 10:7

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg
Alan-- I've got a question about the clear blinkers on your car vs the ones on the other 330. YOurs look like the "classic" BMW clears--they're actually "white" and there's a distinct border between the blinker and the headlight. The other 330's look more like "clears" and seem to integrate w/ the headlight. Did BMW change the clears? Or, does one of you have aftermarket clears vs BMW ones?
I am not trying to answer for Alan, but I believe what you are saying is simply the difference between the two trims.

The Clears that have been available for Facelifted Sedans have usually came from Bekkers or Maximillian. I know some dealers began carrying them as well, but they have all been OEM BMW Markers.

When you order them, they ask if you have a 330 or a 325, the difference being the trim inside the light. On a non-ZHP 330, the trim in the Headlight Covers and the trim in the Corner Marker is painted silver, or as BMW calls it, Titanium. The trim on the 325's and the ZHP's is painted black, so they have two sets of corner markers available.

On my car, I have a 330 non-ZHP with the Titanium Headlight Trim, but my clears are actually off my old 325. Personally, I like the Black Trim simply because it breaks it up more, but the Titanium actually goes with the 330.