View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Past Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Mark@EAC
Mein Auto: e39 5
OK guys I have done some further experimentation and we changed a couple things with the tool to make it a simpler design and easier to use. The entire tool is now made from 5/8" steel stock for all pieces. This greatly increases the stability of the top jaw when attached to the lower section of the Harbor Freight tool and improved the overall strength of the tool as it fits the HF tool much better. The tool also sits on the ball joint better now that the bottom block is 5/8" instead of 3/4" and provides a great bite on the top of the ball joint. I am very pleased with the outcome, the tool works a bit easier and looks a little less rough around the edges than the prototype pictured above.

This is exactly how the tool will ship.

These will be 50 USD shipped in the 48 states. That covers my cost of the tool, packing and shipping. Last I saw the Harbor Freight press was on sale for 16.00. So a 540i or M5 guy could have the tools to remove all the front end ball joints for less than 70 dollars. Not too shabby.

To order one PM me with your email address and I will send you an invoice you can pay with credit or debit card, or paypal 50 to me at mark @ eactuning.com (no spaces) and put "wishbone tool" in the payment notes. These will ship via USPS Priority Mail and delivery confirmation tracking will be provided. I currently have 6 tools ready to ship and will have more made as needed.

I can't wait to show you guys what I am working on next.

Last edited by Mark@EAC; 09-24-2010 at 12:48 PM.