View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 335i
an auspicious start to say the least. 1st post!
Wow, this is bad...

Quote:
2011 BMW 528i: Check Engine Light Already

Last week Kelly had you guessing as to why we were sitting at Long Beach BMW in the long-term Flex. Well, we were there for a check engine light on our new addition, the 2011 BMW 528i.

Our OBD code reader would not read the proprietary BMW code, though it did allow us to clear it. So we did. And later that day it returned. We made a 9am appointment and arrived early. "The check engine light is on," we explained to our advisor. She took some notes and left us with a, "We'll take a look and call you in a couple of hours with an update. Want a rental car?." We declined the rental because it was more hassle than benefit, and were on our way.

At 3pm that afternoon we called and left a voicemail. An hour later our advisor called, "The tech hasn't looked at your car yet. Something came up and he was too busy to look at it. I will call you tomorrow with an update. Want a rental car?" Again, we declined the rental. And again, there was not a peep from our advisor until we called back at 1pm the next day.

"The tech looked at your car," she began, "There is a minute leak in the emission system. But this is a new car. If we can locate the problem it will take time to order parts... blah, blah." Two hours later, another call, "We found it. There is a leak from the fuel filler neck. We would order the parts but they are on backorder. So we actually can't order them until the backorder is lifted. But when it is, we'll order the part. Your car is ready for pick up"

How would you feel if this was your new car experience?

Mike Schmidt, Vehicle Testing Manager @ 1,103 miles

Categories: 2011 BMW 528i.