09-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Seek to understand,^Value
Location: San Jose, California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 automatic
So, given this list:
1. rear camber (adjustable, do first)
2. rear toe (adjustable, do second)
3. front toe (adjustable, do last, after centering the steering wheel)
4. ride height (change springs or add coil-over shocks)
5. front camber (add special camber plates)
6. front caster (you may need really special camber plates)
7. steering axis inclination
8. included angle
9. scrub radius
10. set back
11. thrust angle
12. toe-out on turns
The quest will be to point to the best DIYs for doing the toe and camber at home with shop tools.
Here are some starter alignment DIYs:
- DIY Camber Gauge & Toe Alignment
- cn90 The Alignment DIY
- Reduced the Negative Camber on my Rear Wheels
- Tired of paying $ís to align your bucket? Alignment DIY Inside!
- DIY Wheel Alignment Boston MA
- DIY Digital Camber Gauge
- At-home DIY Caster/Camber alignment tools?
- Hands free Camber Gauge
- Do your own alignment
Last edited by bluebee; 09-30-2010 at 09:56 PM.