View Single Post
  #3  
Old 10-01-2010, 12:03 PM
balance balance is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 764
Mein Auto: 97 740iL
I would turn on the motor and either run the heck out of it for a while, or if it looks like it is going to cut off, just let it idle in the driveway for a while and let the water evaporate on its own, or you could try spraying WD-40 on all of the connections that may have gotten wet.

I would not recommend washing these motors, but if you are going to wash the motor anyway, let it run for a while until it gets hot and then start spraying degreaser or low pressure water on it, such as a garden hose, and don't get any water on any of the electronics. If you use a pressure washer on these motors, forget it, you could spend a couple grand trying to fix it.
Reply With Quote