View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission View Post
I wrote the review on Autoblog (and I am also a long-time moderator on Bimmerfest). Let me know if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.

It's not a technical review, as we covered that in an earlier review (January 2010).

- Mike
Mike, your article was a great read. Thanks. I do have a question. You mention that with the 5 series tending towards more luxury and less sport compared to the prior 5, that there is an opportunity for more sporting cars in this size class to pull from the 5 market.

"The remaining question is whether this change in focus will let enough light through the 5 Series' stifling canopy for more sporting competitors to grab a foothold."

What cars do you feel fill that niche? Are they available now, or are you speculating that competition might head that direction. I ask because while the direction that BMW is heading seems away from sporting with the new 5, I cannot think of a more sporting alternative...

To be honest, I am 48, and the 5 series seems like just the right amount of pampering and performance... While I love the way my 335 coupe hustles when I want go-fast, the bounce and jitters that I endure during a non-sporting sprint are starting to rattle my rapidly aging frame.

Thanks again for a great review. Just the type of information I am seeking. I hope you get the opportunity to take a 550 with the m-sport package and a sport transmission on a similar ride to give a comparative report. It happens that a 550 with the m-sport option is the car I have my eye on...

Paul