View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
It's interesting ... well, cross that out. Sometimes I am baffled at how people can have such opposing opinion about brake pads on the same car. I am not saying one is right and the other is wrong. Each entitle to his taste in brakes. But how can some say the Ackebono is great, and the others say just how horrible they are. I still remember my morning routine with the Achebono. Drive out of my building garage. Drive to the end of the block where the first traffic stop is, while stopping and going 2 -3 times to warm up my brakes. Stop and the first light. Start driving to the next block, doing 2-3 hard brakes, and the brakes are ready.

As for the Deluxe Plus, they are the best pads I have ever had. They replaced the Acks, and I also had Jurid and Pagid previously. ( I have my car for 140,000 miles. I had a few brake changes...). LESS dust than the Acks. The Acks gave some reddish / Orange dust (very little). The Deluxe give some gray dust (again very little), but it is not noticeable because it matches the silver paint on the rims. With the Acks, I had to clean my rims once a month or two. With the Deluxe, I go half a year without cleaning the rims, and they still don't look dusty. So they are better then the Ackebono when it comes to dust. Not even a question about that.

But I hear that they are no longer can be found, right? So who cares.

mw