View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01' 540 M-Sport cdn, F355
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
Only thing is that your "German" battery is American.

It is Douglass Batteries, Made in USA. The cars came here with no batteries and it was installed here. (I checked with the source).

Some 5 years ago I bought a douglass battery for my E39. I called the factory and asked them if their battery is available retail and if so, who sells them. So they gave me a name or a parts shop and special delivered a brand new fresh battery to them. It is identical to what came in my car (I already knew that) and is the same that the dealer was selling you.

Douglass was sold to another battery manufacturer. Don't are no longer exist.

mw
Per my post number 5, Douglas Batteries "consumer" line of batteries was purchased by East Penn Batteries. East Penn continued to private label "Douglas" batteries for the BMWNA contract. I have no idea if that continues to this day or not...I would assume if BMWNA still uses Douglas, then they are made by East Penn, since they own it. I don't believe the "Douglas" consumer batteries are made or sold for any purpose other than for the BMWNA contract now. East Penn will have you buy one of their branded batteries, or one of their private label ones they produce for Batteries Plus stores. (which used to be sold under the "Werker" brand name, but I believe is now "Ray O Vac" branded.

Douglas Batteries continues to operate their industrial battery business as a seperate (private) entity.
Factory M-Sport package with factory installed M-tech bumpers, factory Bluetooth, factory M-Audio 10" dual voice coil subs, Homelink, M5 rear stabilizer bar, Bilstein B14 PSS coil overs, Stop Tech ss brake lines, Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads, oem Brembo and Zimmerman rotors, Dinan Stage 1 software, Strong Strut front upper stress bar.

Last edited by 540 M-Sport; 10-04-2010 at 06:32 PM.