View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:28 AM
mirakid

Mein Auto: 2001 325I 4dr sedan E46
Thumbs up FSU Blower Motor Resistor Pack

Excellant instructions & pictures, followed everything to the T, very informative, you did not miss anything, it took me about 90 minutes. I had to pause from time to time (I have a bad back ) Thanks Again, greatly appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starless View Post
It was my turn to replace the FSU (blower motor resistor). I just got tired of the pulsating pattern of the blower and its shutting off on its own accord. It is especially frustrating in the 100F degrees St. Louis weather. I ordered the part through one of my favorite sites: www.eeuroparts.com that has great prices and both OE and aftermarket parts. The FSU is made by Behr (OEM). The cost was $59.99 shipped. It took an hour to install and it was a pain in the neck (literally) due to its location under the dash. If you have problems with your back/neck/shoulders Iíd recommend to delegate this repair to a shop technician (hopefully without these problems). You have to spend some time in the area below the glove box on your back and side with your legs on the passenger seat. There is simply no other way.

The DIY is in the pictures. Sorry if I missed something. But thatís just pretty much the way I did it. Iíll just mention it here one more time that I did not find it necessary to remove the air duct and control motor to get to the resistor like some other diys suggest. Of course it will make things a little easier but will take more time. And I did not want to spend more time on the 95F degrees evening sweating in the footwell of the car. So here is the pictorial guide: