View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 PM
U of Dawgs

Mein Auto: 08 535iA Spt/11 X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgonline View Post
So, I have read some little pieces of information regarding the turbo Waste Gate rattle. Mine is unbearable with my windows open, which is unfortunate because the weather outside is beautiful right now!

I've already had the HPFP replaced at least twice, after replacing my spark plugs and all the fuel injectors over the last 2 years. So this is just the latest disappointment in my owning a $60,000 imported vehicle. I think it's sad that you know your service advisor and all of the rental employees by name.

My several service advisers have been very nice and do whatever BMW NA tells them to do, so I can't blame them. This is obviously another case of poor design and then denial that any such problem exists.

According to TID SI B11 13 07 (given to me by my SA), 'This slight rattle noise is considered normal operation of the mechanical waste gate valve. No repair should be attempted for this type of rattling complaint.' Way to go BMW. Do not fix the hardware, pacify the customer with a BS software update.

Has anyone had success with an actual repair for this ridiculous condition?
If the clanking noise is still present after the programming, the techs are supposed to replace the waste gate actuators - per same SIB you quoted. And, no it has not happened to me.

-----------------------------------
Nube1Kenobi
2011 X5 35i Sport Activity|Plat Gray/Beige/Dk Poplar|Conv Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Tech Pkg|Prem Sound|Comfort Seats|Hitch|
2008 535i Mon Blue/Dakota Blk/Dk Poplar|Sports Pkg|Prem Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Nav|RTTI|PDC|L7|HD|I-Pod/USB|PWR Rr shade|Sports Auto - paddles|Active Stg|Comfort Access|F/D R/seats|Rr DMS Airbags|Adaptive Xenons

Do not argue with an idiot else he lowers you to his level and beat you down with experience..

Last edited by Nube1kenobi; 10-11-2010 at 09:33 PM.