View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325i
1) yes, there are a number of regular summer tires that are available in a 255/30/19 Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric, Kumho Ecsta SPT to name a few. There is also no problem with upsizing. The car easily accommodates a 265 or 275. Some folks are even running 285 rears with the standard sport package adjustable m suspension.

2) yup, you can easily downsize to 18's if that's the route you want to go.

There are a few considerations about the 19's. Do yourself a favor and do a search on 19" wheels cracking. The style 296 wheels are cast wheels that in combination with the RFT are prone to cracking and bending. I know, because I bent 2 rims going over a pothole at 40 mph. I'm running regular tires now at 275/30/19. I'm hoping that the additional .24" sidewall height in combination with a softer sidewall will do a better job at protecting my rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsBunny View Post
Sorry to ask 2 stupid questions -
One - is there a possible replacement for the RFT of the E89 Sport Package rear tire (255/30/19) to standard tire, same size ? Am asking b/c when I look on bridgestonetire.com and michelinman.com, I can not find a 255/30/19 tire in non-RF models (PS2, for instance).

Two - Alternatively, on a factory Sport suspension shipped with 19", is it possible to install 18" tires without modifying the suspension settings and not messing up later with alignment / camber, etc ?

Thanks for your help.

(I owned a Z4 2003 and I know the pain of the RFT - am looking at purchasing a E89 only if I can get rid of the 19" RFT. If possible I intend to re-use the very good Bridgestone 18' RE760 Sport from my VW GTI on the E89).

2010 sDrive35i Sapphire black, beige leather, premium, sport, 19" wheels, premium sound, nav, cold, comfort access, alarm, smartphone, 6 speed manual
2006 530xiT Wagon, Monaco Blue/black, premium, cold, PDC, Logic 7, Comfort Access, rear shades

BMW CCA Member# 164977