Thread: Scary BMW Spies
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Scary BMW Spies

I always feel paranoid these days when using car message boards because of what happened to me when I got my X3.

I was on the Roadfly site, which has many different brands. I was on an X3 board.

I thought I used a dummy name to sign up and I used my hotmail account. While using the MB I made sure not to even mention what state I was in or what dealership I was using. I did mention my profession and talked a lot about the car I was getting and when it arrived etc.

I was upset about the guy forgetting to include my heated steering wheel and his failure to apologize, offering to start over, etc. I might have whined about a few other things (runaround they gave with bluetooth-wasting my time and money, having to redo the wiring on the rear entertainment) but when I rated them, I gave them all 5s.

Anyhow, I was in the process of moving when I bought the car so I had moved.

BMW sent me an e-mail to my personal account connected to billing explaining that they have been reading my messages for months and to make up for any unhappiness they had sent me a gift but they were disappointed that I rejected it. I explained to them that I didn't reject it but that I had moved. They sent the gift to the new address but after that I was freaked out and never really went on that board again.

I couldn't figure out how they knew it was me (maybe only certain cars were delivered with certain specifications per day). And what got me was following for months. So they sit there, read your messages and don't say anything? Creapy...lol I guess BMWNA hired them to secretly get feedback.

I still can't figure it out.

So be careful fellas...

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-15-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Advertisement