View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Insideline has this about their F10 528i long term car after testing it on the track

Handling Comments: Skid pad: More difficult to access off-throttle rotation than 535i, but the effect is minimal in both cars. Not nimble or quick to respond, but entirely controllable. Slalom: Feels fairly soft in rapid transitions -- even in Sport Plus. Is well-mannered, however. Chassis isn't snappy like an Infiniti. BMW is showing a change of direction here.

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...ck-tested.html
The test car did not have integral active steering. This will markedly improve the "nimbleness and quickness" of the car in rapid transient repsonse. This is necessary to get if you are an enthusiast. The IAS is an indication of the direction BMW is going for the traditional enthusiast driver. So it is unfair to criticize the company for not doing what it has actually done. The point is that BMW is simultaineously making cars for both the traditional BMW enthusiast AND the traditional Lexus buyer. You just have to buy the car you want. It makes perfect sense not to try to sell a car to a Lexus buyer by making him pay for the neccessary engineering needed to satisfy the traditional BMW buyer.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.

Last edited by richschneid; 10-19-2010 at 05:13 PM.