View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 09:58 PM
*^^^^^^^^*

Mein Auto: 2002 325i Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansell View Post
Fellas,

Just wanted to contribute and let everyone know that I just changed my ATF using this tutorial -- I used Castrol Import Multi-Vehicle ATF and the Meisterstatz kit. No problems at all thanks to the great tutorial. I had 52,860 miles on the car and after a week I'd say it drives exactly the same. Probably a little early to change the ATF, but I was eager to do it. Thanks again Starless.

-Brian
You are welcome. I'd also do a couple of more drain and fill changes to displace most of the old fluid. I think Castrol Import is a good choice of the alternative ATF. It apparently contains the bouquet of friction modifiers quite similar to those in the original Texaco fluid.

A little off bmw topic but I've just finished ATF change for our van. It's so much easier to have a dipstick and be Dex III compatible. I did it without dropping the pan and filter change and it took 10 minutes I also used Castrol Import since it's recommended for the original Nissan Matic D fluid which is basically Dex 3 with some boutique friction modifiers.

Last edited by Starless; 10-25-2010 at 10:00 PM.