Thread: Top View Camera
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
Actually no humor intended. I am working on a design for it now. They bent over backwards to put all sorts of other silly frivilous things in the new X3 why not an entertainment system.

Backing up monitors are a good example.

Most people that buy the X3 (gen X'ers) want an M class or the like, but have to be pratical due to family concerns, so we split the difference and get the "Family Race Car". The X3 is born.

So I currently place a small portable DVD player wtih velcro on the armrest for my daughter on long trips (we try not to "plug her in") like so many other parents, but it is a nice addition and commensurate with all the other add ons to this vehicle.
Oh...I see what you mean.

My car has the one in the head rests. The DVD player in inside that armrest. They removed the storage department and left a smaller storage next to the DVD player. It sends a signal to both 7" screens.

I like those better because they don't get in the way.

Under the accessories thread, I included the current available options. I think they have moved away from the head rest one to a flip up one behind the seats.

The flaw to the one I have is they didn't have American connectors (RCA, etc). They have this single cord European thing. They have parts you can order but it would be tacky hanging and it would go to each monitor separately. They need to come up with something you can attach to the DVD player itself so it comes on both monitors.

One thing to consider is in the next few years we will be moving more and more towards Blueray. It would be better if they would make the DVD player Blueray capable or at least be able to downconvert the Blueray signal. Nobody needs 1080p on 7 inch monitors.