View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Quick! To the Katmobile!

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4 35
I'm ditching my RFTs now that I've worn them out at 8k miles. My fronts were pretty scrubbed on an edge from autocross but thought I could get some more use out of them. I went in for an alignment and realized my rears had major inner wear. You can't get a lot of camber out of the Z4 without major mods but the tweaks done should protect my rears from this level of damage so early.

I wish I had gotten an alignment immediately after I got the car a year ago, like I did with my previous gen Z4. I'm not that hard on my car on the street and it was only 8K miles and three autoxs.

My next set is either going to be the Yoko Advan AD08 or Bridgestone RE-11 in a couple of weeks. I'm in the south and my lease is up in a year in a half and I know I'll have to put RFTs back on it to turn it in. Either tire should hold up for an autoX season and a track day or so and give me a good combo of street ride and autox grip. I considered a separate set of track wheels but I didn't want to make my husband do all that work (he changes wheels for events already).