Thread: Bigger trunk
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPXYZ View Post
The current X3 has a very nice interior layout. It has very good use of space and feels spacious. The boxy back end makes the back tall - I don't know if the new X3 has lost that advantage.

Trunk space is important as too many SUVs are headed towards being hatchbacks which are pretty useless for hauling stuff around. Good point of differentiation in a utilitarian car.

They aren't trying to put a third row of tiny seats back there are they? I saw a set in an X5.

If an SUV doesn't have significant trunk space, I would rather go with a better-riding sedan that has back seats that flip down to access the trunk for long items.
I think the current model has just the right amount to trunk space. Unless you hall things for a living, it is cool. In addition it is a huge amount of space with the seats folded down and the cargo net up.

It's not a big deal. I didn't want them to make it smaller but I think it would have been wise to give every single inch of the 3 and 1/2 inc expansion to back seat legroom...particularly because the front seats can be pushed back. This means the owner has a choice of using it in the front or back.