View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: G 650 X country
Wink G 650 X Country - stalling

Last week after as I just finished to fill up the gas tank my 2009 G 650 X Country will not restart. After few attemps and even tried to push start it but no luck; being under warranty I called BMW assistance and right away they sent a tow truck. I have been riding bike for more than 20 years so back at home I tried to understand what was going on as the bike is nearly new just 2K miles. But this bike is like a computer on wheel so there is not a lot you can do (even to access the battery requires some expertises). I called BMW again and they advise me to take it to the dealer (they arranged another tow truck).
When the bike arrived at the dealer and after explaining the story to the sercive department they did not looked too concerned, as guess what; it started right away. They kept the bike over a week as they wanted to do few tests and few rides . Today I went to the dealer and spent some time with the sercice team which explained that here in the mid west (IL) as we have ethanol in the fuel it affects the injector. So they recommended me to use Techron every 1K to clean up the injector. the fact that the bike started right away at the shop is probably because during transportation it was shaken so loosed the injector. Also they did few recalls; the battery was on the list as well as a roller and cable mount. But apparently this issue of bike stalling / not starting is most probably linked to the "bad" gas we get around here (not as good as the one we see in Europe). So I will see over the next couple of weeks what is happening now that I have Techron in the gas and also they really recommeded me to use good gas and Shell is among the best from what they are saying.
Hope this may help few of you with a similar issue as it can be very frustrating.
I have to say BMW and the dealer (Cycle Werks in Barrington) have been great and really tried their best to get this resolved.