View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
My car is doing the same thing. Just got it this saturday what a bummer.....The car is making a horrible grinding noise when i turn the wheel to turn at low speed. Any Input would be appreciated from the experienced bmw owners in this forum on what to do.
My car is a new 550i with sport and dynamic handling and pretty much loaded up with all the goodies.
Bring it in for service. It's now pretty easy to reproduce on my car. Anytime it has been unused for an hour or more it makes the grinding thing in more than 50% of the first couple of 90 degree + turns from stand still. Pulling out of a parking lot or turning in an intersection from a stop light it is easy to reproduce the grinding. To hear the "farting" noise it's just to open the window and drive around in a parking garage. It's absolutely not the sound from tires rubbing against the road surface, this is from another source and the grinding sensation is significant. The grinding is also there independent of road surface codition: wet or dry does not matter. Bring your car in and let a tech drive it, I will on Tuesday since there's definately something wrong. My car did not have this issue prior to the new ars pump was installed.

Last edited by solstice; 10-31-2010 at 11:14 PM.