View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: C5, 740, 525, E36M3-gone
Hello all.

A couple of weeks ago I asked whether or not the 6'er scratched your power itch. After numerous, borderline rabid AFFIRMATIVE responses I started to nose around a little. Drove a couple of cars, got the bug, started scheming a very premature move out of C5 vert into a 6 series vert. Then, my wife got back home from a trip to Africa and I returned the 740 to her and started driving the C5 again and realized that "this doesn't suck" so I relaxed. Then wife and I spent a 3 day in La Jolla in the Vette, during which I put top up and down manually numerous times at about 12.758 seconds per event (yes there actually is a tie in to this thread) and I really fell in love with Vette again. Then I saw a white 650 vert with black top and saddle interior and almost hit the ground when the blood rushed out of my head...
As far as my wife is concerned, she came to the realization long ago that I am a lost cause, so her comment was "The 6 is not any less conspicuous or flashy than the Vette, but at least it is a BMW so you can finally get that mullet cut off"

So I revisted forum today to feed the re-developing habit, came across this thread and my sphincter started tightening just thinking about dealing with this issue. It seems that the consensus is that post 2007 the problem occurs less, but I am not currently in a time of life where I want to spend that kind of money.

So for the Big Reveal and wrap up... It seems I have counted about 10 - 12 active sufferers of the Top Unlocked Alarm problem, how many early year vert owners have not had the problem?

" I'm telling you fellas, you're gonna want more cowbell"