View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 09:50 AM
On Top

Send a message via AIM to SWISS Send a message via Yahoo to SWISS
Mein Auto: E30 S52 / S52 M roady
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsteve View Post
Craigslist is the crappiest place to try and sell stuff anymore.

i listed 3 plastic bumpers and a fAacelift valence FS.

i had 1 guy ask me if id change his timing belt and how much it would cost. had another try and get me to lower the price $40-50 because he has to drive here from lancaster, AND he wanted me to install it for free. and finally today i recieve an email asking about early model parts.

do people not know how to read ? i didnt list e30 mechanic services FS, its not my responsibility to cover your insanely high estimated gas cost or my responsibility to install it for free. and finally if i had otrher bumpers/parts from an early car that i wanted to sell dont you think they'd be in my listing with all the other bumpers ?

While I may not like you I can agree with the philosophy, Craigslisters are all from the Darby slums and try any tactic on the planet to barter you out of your goods for next to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anstead610 View Post
I thought you said he wanted you to adjust the valves?
WTF semantics? Are you all of 12? Mechanic work is mechanic work, if he showed discontent with a timing belt then assuredly the same discontent follows.

OTH I made $758 off a Craigslist lady with a 91 525i that just needed a rad and a belt tensioner. Broke down and all warning lights came on and she towed it to her house and it sat 8 months. Then I spent $50 in parts and used a rad I had and it bought my E30. So don't be too pompous to extort a craigslister, it may end up FTW......

Last edited by SWISS; 11-05-2010 at 09:56 AM.