View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:09 AM
We want the Lion!

Mein Auto: 03 ZHP, 01 X5, 73 MGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by skialex View Post
Thank you very much for response. Are the aftermarket seat heater products safe to use on the car? Also, are there any recommendations for the aftermarket seat heating kits, I would prefer to go for something that is good and proven even if it is not the cheapest solution... What do I have to look for in the aftermarket kit?

I don't want to have mismatched seats and interior, so going fully OEM would mean a new interior. How much would that cost typically? My sense is that it will be prohibitively expensive.
I would not go aftermarket.

BMW market an EBA retrofit kit for adding heated seats to the E53. The console switch is: 61318373740 ($192). I have a spare laying around that I'd sell for a fraction of that. Mine had factory heated seats, but I retrofitted PDC and the kit came with a new console switch.

You will need heated seat pads as well. The bottom is 52107245511 about $535 (ea). Not sure about the backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
JUST...LOOK...UNDER...THE...CAR....for Chrissakes....it`s like checking to see if a dog is male or female....
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
A bimmer with forced induction should have a proper manual gearbox. Anything less is like french kissing your sister.