Thread: Windshield trim
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 09:43 PM
smilford smilford is offline
Registered User
Location: Burke, VA
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: '07 328Xi, '89 325ix
I believe the part I was referring to is 51318125887. It is the rubber gasket that is installed on the top edge of the windshield and extends just past each top corner. This trim piece has an internal aluminum channel that goes over the top edge glass itself and then sort of "rolls down" into place. At least that's how I remember the DIY instructions I read describing its' installation. I believe they can be found on I've pulled mine out, but have not installed the new one. I think I've got to remove some excess urethane adhesive from a sloppy windshield installation before I can properly install the gasket.
Reply With Quote