View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly111 View Post
One major difference: the 35is has a sportier exhaust system that sounds better! (Note Z4 35i dual exhaust systems are very expensive being up to $2500 to improve the sound).

It also comes with DCT as standard and the sports suspension.

Also if you want to be particular it has grey instrument dials with 35is written on them.

It is said that the BMW has slightly underrated the 35is power. I have seen a dyno somewhere. I was suprised that it 'only' produces 340 odd HP given that it runs around 14psi on overboost.
1. $2 to plug the flapper valve "open" considerable less than $2500.
2. DCT if you want an automatic clutch so your wife can drive it - can't get a MT in the "is".
3. Now I have to agree the Grey Instrument dials & the "M" (Motorsport Marketing) badging (except for on the outside of the car) make it all worth the added cost.
4. HP bragging rights = Male enhancement

All kidding aside get what makes you happy! Whatever model you choose, do ED & take your wife on a nice romantic 2-3 week european vacation. No driving experience in the US will ever compare to that encountered on an European Delivery.

HerrK - Keine Eifelfahrt ohne eine Runde über den Nürburgring

May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l & Nav.
FrauK - 2014 Q5 TDI - May 2014 ED | Cuvée Silver over Pistachio beige | Premim Plus | MMI | Nav | B&O