View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson12345 View Post
Recently bought a new 2011 335d and during the past 4 months of driving, I have the "Service Engine Soon" check engine light come on three times already with less than a total of 5000 miles on the engine. The first check engine light came up at only 2000 miles!

Each time the dealer says it is a #4D35 fault code from the Reducing-agent metering valve. The first time they cleaned it out to clear the code. The second time they replaced the valve, but the code still came back 6 weeks later. The third time (this weekend), the dealer cleaned the valve again. What is going on??? Seems like the 335D is a lemon with some major design issues with the diesel system. Anyone else have this problem? I'm starting to regret getting the 335d.
Something is going on with the DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) application system. All vehicular diesel power systems are going to be using DEF for NOx control, so there are not problems with the DEF design, just problems with your particular car. You have a couple of options: 1.) Keep taking the car to the dealer until they get things sorted out (you might want to consider changing dealers to see if a different dealer is better able to fix the problem); or 2.) Start positioning for a Lemon Law remedy. You apparently have 3 failed repair attempts. California's Lemon Law kicks in after the 4th failed repair attempt provided you have given the manufacturer written notice of the problem and allowed at least one repair attempt after giving the manufacturer written notice of the failed repair attempts.

It is your choice how to proceed. I know from personal experience that if you have the requisite number of failed repair attempts and have met the written notification requirement, the CA Lemon Law will produce results.