View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Its Here!

Mein Auto: '08 328 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestCS View Post
I think a $5 road atlas would be a better option than a $2,500 naviagation system. A real man can plan his trip in his mind before leaving for his destination. Only girly men need a navigation system or those who don't have enough gray matter to memorize a route. Also these fancy electronic systems are a distraction from what should be the real focus of driving or pay attention to the road.
Bit of a generalization don't you think? Sounds like the old adage that men don't listen to directions.

Personally I'm on the road ALOT between new clients, old clients, job sites, vendors, and the like. Sitting down in the morning and trying to figure out a route with an out of date atlas for six or seven appointments is not an acceptable alternate to being able to plug in an address to the system and have a guide to my next destination. I'm not late, I'm not lost. What happens when you have to throw in that surprise destination or *gasp* you get lost..... pull out the atlas? You want to talk distractions......

It's Here!!... '11 X6 3.5i (PCD to San Diego)
Weekend warrior.... '08 328 Coupe
Retired.... '07 328 Sedan
RIP..... '02 325 Convertible (Murdered by a Nissan Z at 157,000 miles)