View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Estoril 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325 View Post
Being an e46er myself, I do have misgivings about the interior quality of both the current 1 and 3 series...the design and quality just doesn't seem as nice as it once was. Having owned all 3, do you think the inteiror quality is actually worse than the e46?
I know what you're saying about the E46 interior. There were lots of little things that I think were nice in my 2004 330i. e.g. The all around look and shape of the dash, the wood trim inserts, seats, trim/buttons around map lights, compartments below radio and a/c panel. I think a big problem I had with the E90 interior was too much "dead space". The interior was obviously wider than an E46, but instead of redesigning a nice sculpted curving dash like the E46, they just made this straight across unexciting dash. Other's, of course, may have differing opinions. That's just mine.

The interior in my 135i reminds me more of the E46. BMW certainly didn't use more expensive interior components in the 135i vs. the E90, I think the design just flows better because of the physical dimensions of the 135i cockpit.