View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXK View Post
So how many doctors misdiagnosed a disease and patient died, how many were MDs? How many scientists made mistakes and miscalculations in their research, how many were PhDs? How many project managers mismanaged the projects, how many were PMPs? Let's go after all of them. But let's not allow those who took out 1% mortgages adjustable to 15% in year take any responsibility, because taking personal responsibility is not currently in vogue; it's always someone else's fault.
And while we are at it, let's go after the engineers who designed f10 since there appears to be some diffects in the cars. How many had masters in mechanical / electrical engineering?
This is a non sequetor(sp). When a doctor kills a patient through incompetence he is sued for malpractice. If he displays continued incompetence his liscense is revoked. If he kills a patient deliberately to make money for himself he goes to jail for manslaughter, criminally neligent homicide, or murder. The patient, however, pays a bigger price, he loses his life.

Now, quit the irrelevant analogies, please. If you want to answer my question then do so, if you don't want to answer my question then don't. That is your perogative. But making inanane anlogies just begs the question and indicates that you think no one is responsible for the housing bubble, it was all just an honest mistake. Fortunately for the rest of us, most people disagree with you. But, of course, you are entitled to your opinion even if it is a minority opinion. In this case a very small minority.

So, I repeat:

"Well then, who was it who sold all those mortages to people under the premise that the price of houses would never go down? Granted they were not professors of finance, they don't work for banks. So, who in your opinion did it? How many of them had MBAs?"
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.

Last edited by richschneid; 11-24-2010 at 09:30 AM.