View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRsE39 View Post
I still dont see how replacing them is possible without cutting the adjuster section away from the black housing
I'm not sure what the confusion is, but clearly there are two ways to access the newer E39 headlight adjusters:
- Open the headlight and access the adjusters by taking the assembly apart
- Cut a one-inch by 2-inch rectangle in the black plastic for each adjuster

I've done the first method, and can see how the second can be done if you already knew where to make your cuts.

Anyway, I compiled about a dozen second sources for headlight adjusters; and I appreciate EVERYONE's effort to resolve this BMW problem, from Mark at EAC Tuning to the guys in Great Britain to the guy in Palatine IL to Het3PB, etc.

As you know about me by now, I know nothing about anything until I myself have to solve it. To that end, I've scoured the Internet and subsequently listed ALL (and I mean ALL) your options if your headlight adjusters are broken over here:
- List options available (sorted by cost) for 2001-2003 E39 broken headlight adjusters

The best BMW E39 headlight adjuster links are here:
- HEADLIGHT ADJUSTERS CRUMBLE: brittle plastic headlight adjusters that simply crumble over time causing the lights to point downward (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16)