View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 04:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
Should work on all X3s. The instrument cluster part # has changed, but the previous versions have ended, and been replaced with current generation ones:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...63&hg=62&fg=05

No lights out at all on my car. The seat belt light stays on just like it would before if you aren't wearing your seat belt... only without the annoying chime. This is as simple as simply unplugging the speaker...

I saved the speaker... If I ever sell / trade-in the car I will solder it back to the cluster and return to original condition... Its like any other modification done to the car (like my Euro mirror glass)--back to stock when selling...

The chime is deactivated by default in the rest of the world. Only sure happy USA gets the chime turned on by default. I watched the tech as he tried to disable the chime via the Autologic--there is definitely a button to turn it on an off. He contacted Autologic after attempting to disable the chime via software coding did not actually disable the chime. Apparently USA spec cars had something in place that renders BMW's coding ineffective.

Interestingly enough, my 2003 M3 has no chime; only an icon. My 2001 Audi didn't have a chime either. I hate the chime on this car and if have the time, I'll pull the instrument cluster and put tape over the speaker.