View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 05:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 550i
No, it is not that bad. The September builds definitely have the steering issues fixed. The number of problems has been grossly over-stated IMO. BMW makes QC changes on a rolling basis. They take it as far as making changes at the VPC if a fix is identified to QC problem. BMW is extremely conscientious about addressing QC issues. I personally do not see how they could be better at doing this. This is one of the reasons that I buy BMW's. My fully optioned 550i has been problem free except for one minor problem. My car has comfort access and it had one bad sensor in the door handle. The fit and finish of my 550i has been amazing also. Including my constructive criticisms, I am extremely happy with my 550i. It is a great car today.

I personally believe that BMW will address Sports concerns. However the big question is "when?". I doubt that it would be at anything other than a model year change or possibly with the LCI. It may be never for the F10. Everything that BMW does is carefully evaluated and tested to the Nth Degree. They listen to what the auto magazines have to say and what BMW Enthusiasts post here and elsewhere. However ultimately they decide what is best and when to implement it. When the E60 came out there were many constructive criticisms along with the usual destructive criticisms. I was amazed at how many constructive criticisms were addressed with the F10. I am currently on BMW number 4 for me personally plus my son has a 330. I am amazed about BMW's commitment to quality control and customer satisfaction while building very innovative automobiles with the inherent risks that comes with that. Given the complexity of today's automobiles, in my opinion they are finest manufacturer of anything in the world. BMW is absolutely amazing.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired

Last edited by pharding; 12-05-2010 at 06:44 AM.