View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i Xdrive +'01 Corvette
I am awaiting my first BMW to be delivered in January in SC. I have read all the threads on this forum and others and firmly believe that Pharding is absolutely correct. I have moved to BMW for the inherent characteristics of the car itself as well as BMW's fantastic reputation among those who know and understand cars. Read or listen to the evaluation of the new 5 series in Automobile Magazine. So, yes, BMW makes necessary changes along the way. We will all love and completely enjoy our cars. Of course as with any complex machine there may be a small glitch or two, but BMW will strive 100% to make it right.

That said, I am one who is looking forward to the F10 and its more luxury character than some of you want. I have a Corvette to play with in the warmer months. The F10 will be a daily driver and a car to take on long trips with my wife. I want excellent handling and reasonable performance. The 535i X drive I ordered will fit my needs perfectly. So, to me, it is the sweet spot that other brands have not found. Others are either too soft or too much like a race car.