View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01' 540 M-Sport cdn, F355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
How do you know the Mobil 1 at Bav Auto is not the same as the Mobil 1 bought off the shelf.
I find it hard to believe that Bav Auto, out all places, has a "secret formula" Mobil 1 ATF.
Sounds like a load of cr@p to me...
IMO, ANY ATF from Castrol, or Mobil will be work on the E39.
The new ATF's now are newer and better.
Always evolving.
Jason,
I am not a huge fan of BavAuto.com, but I am quite certain this product is what it claims. All they are doing is privately importing a product only sold in Europe...nothing "secret" about that. It is called "Mobil ATF LT 71141", it was formally sold under the "Esso" label. Same exact product. It comes in a ONE LITER bottle....ever seen Mobil products sold by the liter in the states? On the back, it has information printed in EU style in about 12 languages. It also states on the back: "Made in EU" and "ExxonMobil Lubricants & Specialties Europe" Here is a retailer in the UK selling it online: http://www.iridiumengineering.co.uk/lt71141.htm $22.23 in todays dollars. Surprisingly it is a bit less from BavAuto.com at $21.95, even after they pay the freight and duties to get it to the States.

Attached are photos of the front and back of the bottle. You may not be convinced, but we can let everyone decide for themselves.

I am not going to argue that other oils may or may not be compatible with the ZF "LT 71141 " specification. What I can say about this product, is it is specifically labeled only for this application, and no other. It is also the specified lubricant recommended by ZF and BMW (actually they recommend ESSO, but has been replaced by the Mobil product. Same manufacturer, different label)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00417.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	258293   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00419.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	258294  
Factory M-Sport package with factory installed M-tech bumpers, factory Bluetooth, factory M-Audio 10" dual voice coil subs, Homelink, M5 rear stabilizer bar, H&R 15mm spacers, Bilstein B14 PSS coil overs, Stop Tech ss brake lines, Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads, oem Brembo and Zimmerman rotors, Dinan Stage 1 software, Strong Strut front upper stress bar.

Last edited by 540 M-Sport; 12-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.