View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Mein Auto: 2004 330ci ZHP
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
Yea I've been looking at m5board too. I've just always liked the community here and wanted to see what your thoughts were. I accept that there's a price to pay to drive one - I'm okay with that as long as it doesn't get to the point where I'm fixing the car more often than I'm driving it.

And thanks - the red one is mine. The gray one belongs to a neighbor of mine; we got together for a quick photo shoot. It's been a great car. If I didn't want something a bit bigger (and more powerful) I wouldn't dream of selling it. It's just that my needs have changed, and an M5 would be perfect for what I'm looking for. I suppose I could go 540i too... but the E39 M5 has been a dream car of mine since they first came out; now that they're within my grasp, I definitely want to go for one.
I too traded in my ZHP coupe for a e39 M5, and I too had considered, test drove a 2003 540i 6 speed with the M package, but at the end of the day, it's nice to have the real deal. I have not regretted the M5 and you probably won't either.
2001 ///M5 (current)
2008 328i (wife's car)
2002 X5 (sold)
2004 330ci ZHP (sold)