Thread: Cayenne vs X5.
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 E70 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK View Post
I've owned the old Cayenne s, 2 997's, 2 Boxster s's. Porsche used to build a performance vehicle. But, in recent years, they have become more focused on the Pan And new Cayenne. The new 991 will be here next year with a longer wheelbase, Panamera interior and alot of luxury that just isn't 'the core' of Porsche. Going upmarket. There is a great argument on Porsche boards about the last great true Porsche, some for the 993, last of the air cooled, some the 997.1 turbo on the old GT2 engine block and the NA 997 itself. None of them call the Cayenne or Panamera a true Porsche. They are vehicles that now save Porsche. Porsche is also working on hybrid technology that will be the new 'DNA' of all future Porsche's. I for one wanted the new Cayenne, but couldn't stomach the 30k difference and I can buy anything I want. All new vehicles, regardless of maker, will have their fair share of glitches and gremlins, just due to the nature of all the technology they put in these vehicles now. I for one do not look at lap times, etc. I drive a vehicle that handles well and makes me happy. so, regardless of what we choose to drive, it's just a car at the end of the day. I wish the new Cayenne owners the best of luck, but the X5d is what I want to drive now. I feel great about my decision and have no regrets. I look forward to owning and driving it! just my 2 cents.....
Exactly, you hit the nail on the head...
2007 X5 E70 4.8i - Current