View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 06:42 AM
Why can't we get Diesels?

Mein Auto: V70R, JGC, MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by swchang
Yeah, it'd be to get the MP3 functionality. Well, that and because an Alpine headunit would provide more power to the speakers, I'd think. Do you know the specs of the HK stereo provided with the ZHP?

I don't think an iPod would work for me. It'd be a pain to connect and disconnect it every time I drove. An MP3 changer or replacing the receiver I think is my best bet. I guess I'll call a BMW service center and ask about switching out the head unit, but do you know how a changer would work? Can you get that in-dash, or is the Alpine unit glovebox or trunk? Does it function well with the factory stereo controls, i.e. will the CD-text info scroll across the screen?

Thanks.
I noticed we have the same car. I also have a 190E 2.6. How do you like it? How many miles? Is is eating oil like mine?

By the way, no need to keep explaining us that you want to do this and that to your "ZHP stereo." The car is just a 330i, and for the purposes of the stereo, it might qas well be a 325 wagon. You may even get more responses by saying you have a question about your 3-series' stereo, since only a few people have ZHP's.