View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 07:49 AM

Mein Auto: BMW335d Prem-Exec-Logic7
Hi - I was in the same situation so some quick answers. Canadian 335d`s don`t need the TPS monitors - tire deflation is detected by by wheel rotation speed sensors - the rotation speed changes with tire pressure.

I bought from the Tire Rack in the USA and went with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 225-45-17 mounted on Rial Salerno Alloys with BMW hubcaps - they look great and all in mounted, balanced, taxes duties, incl. delivered to my driveway - just under CAD1900. Ordered Wednesday night - at my house on Monday afternoon - huge difference from teh BMW dealer price.

Link to wheels - http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...el&qty_front=4

Tires - I did not go with the run-flats as my general driving only involves a few km per day - get one of the $80 tire sealer-inflators as insurance. The Michelins are excellent in the dry and wet and quieter than the standard Conti All-Season Run-Flats. No real snow yet in Toronto this season as you will know but this tire gets great ratings and was also recommended by Consumer reports. I ran Pilot Alpins on my old `95 325iS and they were great.