View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: 2002 330Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
You don't need to replace the gasket but why would you not do that? It is cheap and doesn't hurt anything. if the old gasket is still there than yes you can skip it as long as the old gasket is intact.
Regarding the strut nut torque specs I think it is pretty low like 22 ft pounds or something like that. I just tighten until not loose and this has worked on all the struts I have done. It is pretty hard to get a torque wrench on the nut while holding the center shaft.
I just did my rear shock today. Because of the same reason that self-locking nut on the center shaft of shock can not be tightened, my shocks are all moving up and down. A lot of noise. What is the best way to make them tightened. I can not hold the center shaft/rod because it is too slippery. I do not want to clamp it because i do not want to damage it. The instructions says do not use torque on the nut.

What should I do?

My guess is there are more parts should be going in between, mount and the upper plate. Such as collar-nut and washer gasket, spacer/shim etc....

My car is 2002 330ci convertible.

Thanks