View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
Wow, six months without being driven is hard man. Well first off good luck on your deployment man and please be safe. Since your car will be in a storage facility I would ask them to see if you have the option of connecting a battery tender to the car. They should be able to provide some AC power close to the car so that you can hook up a battery tender to it. Another thing to look at is the tires. I would suggest the car being jacked up and off the suspension if sitting for that long. The tires can become "out of round" by sitting in that one position for long time. If you have been using high octane fuel I would not worry about the gas treatment too much. Cars have started after sitting for years, just use a fuel system cleaner once you get back just to clean out anything that may have settled in the fuel system. This is just my take, other members may have other suggestions as well.

Previous Cars:
2008 650 Convertible 6 speed manual
2004 645 Convertible 6 speed manual
1994 540 6 speed manual