View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1999 M3 Coupe & 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Sweet Individual trim, and I'm pretty sure the Individual Sound is pretty spectactular. Great vehicle.

Let us know how well the Lane Departure Warning works.
Lane departure worked perfectly. I had a very long drive home from the dealer. My cousin was with me but he couldn't stay up so I ended up driving quite late. I turned it on and noticed the wheel did vibrate several times which was a big warning for me. Next exit was a motel and that's where I headed.

Over the summer my wife and I took the kids on a little trip in our VW Jetta TDI. We decided to leave at night to beat the traffic home. For some reason I was really tired that night and noticed that I was not staying in my lane. My wife drove the rest of the way but I could tell she was tired too though she was fine to drive. I knew our next vehicle would very likely be the X5 and I swore that this would be high on my list. With a 3 year old and a 6 month old, it was a no brainer.

Actually I had also asked for the climate comfort windscreen and after BMW AG approved it I was told I had to make a choice between that and lane departure. My choice was obvious.