View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1999 M3 Coupe & 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i View Post
I've been itching for some piano black, but I don't think the X5 is elgible for US BMW individual is it? I believe the only difference between individual sound and EPS is the drivers, and a slight wattage increase - number of speakers stays the same I believe. EPS = $1900. I'd pay the extra $150 for the individual. Does the lower end sound any cleaner on the individual? That's my only complaint for the US EPS.
Officially it is not available here in the US. You need to really have some strings pulled for you to get it done. There is quite a bit of difference between the Individual sound and premium. Speaker, amp etc....

The lower end is really good but it is not meant to rattle the neighbor's house. It has excellent separation, clarity and direction. You hear instruments and sounds you never knew existed. One caveat - GARBAGE IN _ GARBAGE OUT! Don't expect radio, SAT, compressed music to sounds excellent. I have a 240 GB Hard rive with ALL lossless CD's on it. That's over 500 cd's and the sound is superb.