Thread: X-1 Arrival?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Think Solar

Mein Auto: 2008 X3; 2007 650i conv
Everything I hear (mostly from a friend formerly managing a unit at BMW Germany marketing) is that we will be lucky to see any actual U.S availability prior to Fall 2011. There is still a great deal of focus on the U.S. roll out of the new X3, and no one on the supplier side wants to do anything that will dilute the current "newest/coolest" message. The X3 and X1 models are similar enough to warrant some distance between the U.S. launch of the two.

Separately, another friend who works for a large automotive parts/systems supplier in France says there is actually still some debate within BMW on the final option list for the U.S. X1. Apparently, we may see some upscale options in the U.S. version that are not available in Europe. I'm really hoping this is true. I've now seen three in-the-metal X1s in Europe, and--while I certainly liked the look of all of them--the interiors and visible options reminded me of the most basic BMWs of ten years ago.

MY2008 X3 3.0si |Monaco Blue| Sand | Sport | Prem | NAV | Auto | Euro Delivery 9/21/07

2004 X5 4.4i (retired)