View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottieman View Post
My 2011 X5 CEL came on at ~200 miles. I brought to the dealer who said he found a problem and fixed it. After driving it for about 1 week it came on again. Back to the dealer, left it there several days getting a loaner. This time it was supposed to be tested out with the remote assistance of a BMW engineer. Verdict: It can't be fixed, so BMW built another X5 exactly like this defective one. I touched base with a Lemon Law Lawyer who said he'd take my case, at no cost to me by making BMW pay all of his fees. I find myself constantly look at the control panel anticipating a return visit by the CEL in my replacement X5.
1. Your post shows an amazing ignorance about your car and the problems you had.... I've never of BMW declaring a car 'unfixable' for a single check engine light. Could happen I suppose, but it would seem there would be a lot more in between "light" and "junk"...just saying.

2. Your post shows an amazing ignorance at how the legal system and attorneys work... OF COURSE he will take the case at no charge and make BMW pay all HIS fees. All that will happen is you will get the car replaced, and he will get his fees paid. Without an attorney you will get your car replaced... the difference in the two scenarios? An attorney makes money.