View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:55 AM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 535iX M Sport; 328i Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
1. Your post shows an amazing ignorance about your car and the problems you had.... I've never of BMW declaring a car 'unfixable' for a single check engine light. Could happen I suppose, but it would seem there would be a lot more in between "light" and "junk"...just saying.

2. Your post shows an amazing ignorance at how the legal system and attorneys work... OF COURSE he will take the case at no charge and make BMW pay all HIS fees. All that will happen is you will get the car replaced, and he will get his fees paid. Without an attorney you will get your car replaced... the difference in the two scenarios? An attorney makes money.
After 2,200-odd posts, how can you be "amazed" by the ignorance of anyone? This guy doesn't even make it into my Top 10 (though he does get points for trying).

On a more serious note, I am wondering if this is another bus issue. That could explain their making a decision not to run a long PUMA case and rack up tech hours chasing an unsolvable problem. Seems to be happening way too often, especially for a vehicle this far into its life cycle. I wonder if they changed suppliers?

OTOH it may be something as simple as the tech totalling the car on a test drive.

Current BMW's:
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K
2011 535xi M Sport TiAg / Black, ZPP, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW, ZDA, 2TB, 6NR, 465, 5DL, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Prior BMW's
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Sport