View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 AM
The Anti-Rice

Send a message via AIM to Mpire Send a message via MSN to Mpire Send a message via Yahoo to Mpire
Mein Auto: S54 M Coupe x2, M52 Z3
Quote:
Originally Posted by markobb View Post
Anybody?
Yeah, we don't know what you are asking. Please be more specific.

There is a heat shield, simple sheet-metal, that can be removed by pulling off a few nuts. Not too hard, gives more access from the top.

You can also get to it from the bottom, its tight from both angles.

Nuts are oval shaped one time use copper nuts, get new ones before you start.

You do not have to jack the motor up to get the headers on or off, unless you buy Supersprint Stepped Headers, which I think are only available for the S54.

If you have a car manufactured BEFORE 1999:

You have the exact same block and heads an and E36 M3 96-99 or 1998-2000 M Roadster, bore, stroke, software, and cams are different, but otherwise all the same after-market parts apply.

Single Vanos, plentiful after-market options.

You can get or make O2 simulators to delete the cats.

If you have a car manufactured after 1999:

You have the M52 Technical Update.

Essentially you have the same block but with the M54 style heads. Double Vanos, more restrictive software for tuning, and your pretty much an orphan as far as the aftermarket goes.

Cats are in the headers, so you will have to figure out how to solve the lack of cats if you swap in headers, or you will have to get creative.

There are no O2 simulators that work for this engine, if there are, I would like to buy some so please correct me!

If this doesn't answer your questions, then you need to post pictures of your motor so we can tell you what you have and attempt to advise you.
1999 Estoril / Estoril Coupe

Sunroofs are for girls.

Last edited by Mpire; 01-17-2011 at 06:10 AM.