View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-IT View Post
So my CA was wrong in telling me that the 2011 3er's NAV will work the same as the F10.
Looks like the F30's NAV will incorporate the F10's feature.

If the BMW's NAV is purely software driven then why doen't BMW make the following improvements:
1. Have the voice instructions say the names of the streets/hwy.
2. Lets you save pre-program destinations to a "favorites" or "Trips for the Day" folder so you can easily access them. Currently if I add an address to the NAV but do not start guidance immediately, when I decide to go to an address I input earlier it's disappeared and I have to re-enter it again.
3. Display the address/house # of your destination when you've arrived. Currently when I arrive at a new address I have to refer to my notes for the house number which is a PITA.
I'd be happy if the above could be incorporated in a software upgrade.

Cheers.
I admit, I am not totally conversant with planned NAV system details, mid-model year upgrades or what the new F30 will have in the way of NAV features. Of course the F30 will essentially be a new 2012 model, not the present 2011 model currently in production. I do note that the NAV system on my 2011 335d has a "saved trip" mode that I have never used. But the NAV I have now does not do your number 1, or number 3.