View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: X5
I am sorry, I am not savvy when it comes to cars so i would not even know what I am looking for to provide more information. All I know is that they told me it is a little heater, not the heat tape, I hope that makes sense. They did the heat tape the first 2 times. I think I read you live in MN, make sure you go to BMW Motorworks in Bloomington, they are great to work with. I certainly understand your fear. My car has been in 4 times for this issue, towed three. 2 times I was stranded in the country when it was 20 below zero. the other time was from my garage as a billow of black smoke poured out. The first time I did not know what was going on and I drove it to the dealership. I can't even let it warm up, I start it and pretty much go to get the engine warm as quick as possible, anytime I let it sit idle for too long is when I have the problem, except when the engine is warm. I do not trust my car whatsoever, which is the reason why i am finally getting rid of it. Summer is fine, but winter is torment. I pray everytime I start it when it is under 20 degrees-but unfortunately it does not do the freeze up until about 5-10miles after I get going so I am usually in a remote area. I wish you luck with this problem, it is misery to deal with.